Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Walk in the Woods

I walked from my house to my dad's house today, about an hour and 45 minute walk. I had a sandwich and some water. It was very nice. The kind of warm spring day that I thought was a lie until moving here. This place has the type of weather that people write about, and it makes me very, very happy.

Between my house annd my dad's is a patch of woodland, which I strolled through. Mostly uphill, the going was rough, but the shade of the trees, the birds chirping, the mossy rocks and wild sunflowers made the trip worth it.

When I reached the top of a very small hill, I same upon a little wodden fort made of pallets. I took a picture of it with my phone, and then sat and ate lunch there. It seems like it would be a good place to get drunk. I'll have to show Michael when he moves up.

I kept walking through the woods, because it was more pleasant than following the road, and I saw a deer. She bounded away, then we spotted each other again a few minutes later. We stared at each other for a full thiry seconds before she ran again. I didn't see her after that.

My walk through the woods ended when I nearly walked into someone's backyard. I carefully walked around their house, being as quiet as a 6 foot 240 pound oaf can be, and then I was back on the street. Back into the real world.

There were a few paths that I didn't get to explore. I think I will be going back there very soon.

Also, a few updates on other things.
The oldest wine is starting to smell like booze, which makes me happy. Also, the evil dog is gone, I don't know if I already told you guys that or not. I bought The Venture Bros. Season Two on DVD, and I watched that like, three times. I love that show so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home