Sunday, April 22, 2007

Adulthood and Turtles And Free Wood

So. I have a job, I live on my own. Am I an adult now? Is it really this easy? How do people mess this up? Make the money, and then give all of it to people you don't know. There has to be a catch, something I'm doing wrong, you know? This is easier than high school.

I don't feel like an adult. I feel like I did a month ago, living in the back room of my mother's house. Now I have my own house, with a garage, and a kitchen, and a spare bedroom. I have my own booze. I can vote. Adulthood is rather boring, truth be told.

If i find myself with an excess of money (unlikely) I think I will purchase a turtle. I haven't decided on a name for-sure yet, but some likely candidates are:
Billford
Banjo
Boombox
Boomerang (Boomer for short)
Pancake
Scuba
Koopa Troopa

I refuse to give him a ninja-turtle name, because I feel that would be cliche.
Ideas? What are your feelings on my potential reptile companion?

Also, I got a buncha free wood, and I might get summore, which means I can use my fireplace. I haven't had a fireplace for seven years, and haven't used one in even longer. I hope I don't burn the whole goddamn house down. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mean Mr. Michael said...

It's name will be Billford, or I will "accidentally" step on it...twice.

April 24, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

Boomer is cool as well!

April 25, 2007  
Blogger Marshel said...

Koopa Troopa, no exceptions.

April 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home